Grant Award Program
The program will provide grant awards for textbook/curricular materials/equipment and other classroom/program needs and enrichment opportunities. It dovetails the work of the Annual Fund by specifically funding curriculum materials to guarantee those needed (such as textbooks) on a given year are in place at the beginning of that school year.
There is an in depth process for identifying the most effective replacement texts. The program’s major grant cycle is on July 1st of each year – guaranteeing the texts and materials are in place by the beginning of the school year. The program also provides awards for all classroom needs, curricular equipment and enrichment opportunities.
How It Is Funded
All funds from the Foundation’s Annual Fundraiser and Auction, a generous grant from the Fairfield Charitable Trust and other donations have supported the program since 2013. The Foundation Endowment’s earnings will someday be a funding source for this program, but it’ll take time for its principal balance to grow to an adequate size. Other monies/contributions can be added to the fund at any time.
2015 – 2016 Program funded:
In 2015-2016 the granting program provided $40,179 of curricular materials (text books and digital materials) and equipment, numerous classroom supplies, program support for those with a zero or minimal budget, as well as academic student enrichment workshops and trips. It also funded stipends for staff members’ professional development and continuing education.
There were more needs than money this past year and grant requests exceeded the available funds almost 2:1.
2016 – 2017 Program
$64,620 of textbooks, curricular materials, supplies, opportunities and equipment necessary for the classroom
Meeker High School
- Business Math textbooks
- Transitional Math textbooks
- AP Statistics teacher edition text
- Calculators for advanced Math Classes
- Science Lab equipment
- Anatomy textbooks
- Art Department: Potter’s Wheel
- Art History textbooks
- AP Economics textbooks
- Woodshop – drum sander
- Local History books for Language Arts Class
- Spanish Curricular materials
- Consumer Family Science – Fashion design textbooks
- Consumer Family Science – equipment repairs
- New Ag. Curriculum
- Department – welding supplies, equipment/tools (grinders)
- Wood shop – small tools to replace worn out ones
- CPR Training for CFS students
- Professional Development conferences – Industrial Arts & Spanish
- Additional Support for MHS Science Department – partnered with ERBM and Pioneers Medical Center
Barone Middle School
- Digital Curricular materials for Language Arts and Mathematics
- Upper level Reading books – LA department grades 6-8
- Professional Development digital materials – LA teacher
- STEM materials for integrating STEM into BMS curriculum – in three classes
- STEM Conference for middle school girls at Colorado State University
Meeker Elementary School
- Computer keyboards for small hands
- Curricular materials for All Day Kindergarten
- 5th Grade Reading Materials
- Pre-School Learning Stations
- All School Garden which will be an Outdoor Classroom for all content areas – LA, Math and Science. High School Students have provided labor and construction is in progress
- 1st Grade Reading materials
- Library materials
- Art Materials/Supplies for new .5 Fine Arts Program for entire school
2017 – 2018 Program
Known textbook, material, equipment needs for the 2017-2018 school year.
- MHS 9th grade: Comprehensive Health textbooks
- MES K-5th grades: Health Curricular Materials – The Great Body Shop
- BMS 6th – 8th grades: Health Curricular Materials – The Great Body Shop
- MHS 9th grade: Physical Science textbooks
- MHS 11th – 12th grades: Earth Science textbooks
- MHS 11th – 12th grades: Chemistry textbooks
- MHS 10th grade: Biology Textbooks
- MHS 9th grade: World History & Geography textbooks
- MHS 9th -12th grades: Exploring Art, A Global Thematic Approach (texts)
- MES K-5th grades: Art Materials/Supplies for ES .5 Fine Arts Program
- MES K-5th grades: Music Program – needed instrument repair
- MHS 9th – 12th grades Mathematics Graphing Calculators
- BMS 8th grade: Math ‘Common Core Performance Coach’ workbooks
- MHS 9th – 12th grades Art Department – Pugmill for reconstituting old clay
- BMS 6th grade Outdoor Education Experience, YMCA, Granby, CO
Grant Cycles: The program’s grant cycles include one large grant cycle (anything over $400) in July ( so materials can be in place by the beginning of the school year) and eight monthly cycles for applications under $400 from September through April. until funds are available.
Help meet needs: Additional restricted and unrestricted donations to the program are always welcome and will help meet unfunded needs. Restricted donations, such as specific donations for STEM programs and projects, will be matched with appropriate grant applications.
*Currently the needs for the coming school year exceed available funds
How You can help:
- Donate Online (Credit /Debit card or PayPal): Use ‘Online Payment Tab’ & go to drop down menus
- Pay by Check and send to Meeker Education Foundation, PO Box 255, Meeker, CO 81641
- Restricted donations: Please use ‘Contact ‘ tab with your message. We will respond and you can either pay online or by check.